How do you encourage creative thinking within your organization?
For this question, I’m simply going to bullet point some thoughts:
- model creative thinking
- encourage scheduled creative thinking times
- schedule creative thinking sessions with leaders
- present problems to leaders for creative solution finding
- resource leaders for creativity
- encourage health and fitness
- develop trust among key leaders
- exposure to new thoughts, new technologies, new patterns, new discoveries
- listen to music, watch movies, read fiction books
- read. like a crazy person.
- be discerning on casual media input. don’t waste time on media that doesn’t push culturally or develop relationships
- draw pictures of ideas.
- extreme multi-tasking (i.e. opening multiple browsers, watching a movie, listening to music, texting, in a public space)