Been a couple weeks since I did a weekend in review because I’ve had stuff scheduled on Sunday nights. So, here’s the rundown of my weekend:
- Sunday was great at the Grove. We broke out the first Christmas song. It was a new one by Tomlin though, so it didn’t drag. Christmas carols are hard to pep-up without becoming awkwardly dorky. So, this song worked really well for the Grove Band.
- Once again we had 3 brand new families (and a couple more that didn’t fill out cards) and a couple second time guests. Altogether there were 222 people at The Grove this weekend.Can you believe it?
- In our staff meeting today we started discussing storage options because our trailers are full but we have a couple ministries that would be helped if we could have more storage space. So, we’re looking at options and thanking God for such a fantastic problem!
- This week’s sermon was on Philippians 4:1-9. Super practical stuff for finding peace in our minds, our hearts and in our relationships.
- I still have more than 400 songs in my lala.com queue.
- Sunday night we had our first Grove New Peeps Dessert. It was really fantastic. We have some amazing people who are connecting to The Grove and finding truth and a really fantastic relationship with Jesus through the Grove’s ministries. Amazing job by Tina in setting it all up.
- I’m twittering a picture of the cool gift box that Tina put together for everyone who was there.
- The Grove has gotten involved with South Shore school to help out some kids who aren’t set-up financially to have the kind of Christmas that many people in our church are. The response has been amazing! Up to last Saturday the Grove family had “adopted” 25 kids – and we had only put it up on grovebook and facebook!
- My working definition of a Grover: brave, courageous, compassionate, motivated and following Jesus with all that in them!
- Up for this week: Iverson re-joins the 76ers at 4 PST, going to the first Grove Fusion group tonight, then leading the college group late tonight. Then a webinar tomorrow. Plus I’ve got a stack 6 inches tall of books I need to clear out this week. Good stuff.