The second speaker on stage was Andrew Mariner. He develops miniistries with the GBLT community, hoping to build bridges between them and the church (and the gospel). It was certainly a risky move by YS to include him as a speaker, because this is such a polarizing issue today. I was really thankful for his contribution, though. Excellent stuff, here’s what I wrote:
- Andrew called himself the gayest straight guy in America
- the GBLT community is radically accepting and open
- the options seem to be: tell them to change or hide and quit. Neither of these options seem to be working.
- Billy Graham: The Spirit convicts, God judges, WE LOVE.
- constructive tension: Find out their story…Are they justified in their beliefs?