I haven’t been blogging as much, but I am using Twitter to do personal updates and the sort of blogs that I will delete 8 months from now. All the same, here’s a rundown of what’s up in the reOrient:
- We recently had our springtime congregational meeting. Jason, who is beoming a computer video expert had it taped and posted on google video. You can watch it on our church website.
- We are live streaming the Kainos services on the internet. This means you can particpate in Kainos from all over the world. All you need to do is go to our ustream channel around 6pm PST (9 EST) and watch it. It’s way, way beyond a podcast, which we aren’t going to do anymore. You can also see old broadcasts there.
- I am reading a few books: The Dip, by Seth Godin, Intuitive Leadership by Tim Keel, What got you here won’t get you there by Marshall Goldsmith and Advanced Strategic Planning by Aubrey Malphurs. Lots on the stove, gonna have to blog on a few of these as I finish them.
- I got new glasses. They are funky and the lady at the eye glasses place thought I made a wonderful choice. I think she thought I was pretty good looking in my new glasses. But then I thought they probably say that to everyone. What are they going to say? Oh snap!! Bad choice! Those are U-G-L-Y!! Of course they are going to affirm my choice. But I still like my glasses.
- Going to San Francisco on a missions trip in a couple weeks. It’s my 5th time leading a missions trip. Of the 4 previous places I have been San Francisco is certainly my favorite. It was my first, so it has a special place in my heart. It’s just such a center for future/culture that I believe influence on that city plays out as influence across a whole generation of cretives and thinkers.